Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning route on a day to day basis
- Delivering loads throughout the UK
- Dealing with customers face to face and over the phone
- Keeping in regular contact with the transport team for updates on progress and managing our customers’ expectations.
- Assist with the safe unloading of cages/pallets as and when required
- Adhere to all HGV road safety rules, laws and regulations always
- Adhere to all health and safety rules/regulations set by your employer at every location.
- Maintain/Update any required documentation provided
- You must be prepared for; Sapphire Recruitment, to ask your permission to complete a full DVLA licence check, prior to putting you forward to our client for consideration
- Work well as an individual or as part of a dedicated team
- Be professional, friendly and display excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrate excellent punctuality and reliability
- Have a good geographical knowledge of road networks within the UK
- Be able to safely follow; road maps/directions/satellite navigation systems (If and when provided)
Qualifications and Certification
- A valid HGV 1 UK Driving Licence.
- A valid UK Driver CPC Card.
- A valid UK Digital Tachograph Card.
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.