Overall Job Purpose: The role of Tool Maker is to manufacture and repair injection mould tools to a good degree of precision using various tool making equipment such as lathes, grinding machines, EDM machines, mills and CNC lathes. You will be expected to work on all aspects of entire projects of moderate complexity.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manufacture injection moulding inserts – the majority produce plastic caps/jar lids and involve turning.
- Use of hand and power tools.
- Measure and inspect workpiece ensure correct dimensions.
- Signing off any assemblies making sure they comply with all the Quality assurance requirements.
- Repair and maintain injection mould tools.
- Carry out insert changes as required.
- Ensure tool room is stored adequately.
- Ensure all work is undertaken to a high-quality standard.
- To carry out any other reasonable tasks as may be requested from time to time by the company.
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Previous experience in a similar role manufacturing injection mould tool.
- Ability to use hand/power tools
- Ability to cope with physical work (lifting, bending, moving heavy components)
- Comfortable working in a workshop environment (noise, standing for long periods of time)
- Work well on your own and as part of a small team.
Type of Employment: Permanent (Full Time)
Working Hours: Full Time Monday to Friday (Flexible hours)
Location: Exeter, Devon
Pay Rate: £15.35 p/h
Probationary Period: 3 Months’ probation
Training and Development: All necessary specific training will be given.
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.