Job and Person Specification
Job Title: Electrician
Overall Job Purpose: Primarily this role will involve the installation and maintenance of Electric vehicle charge points for both domestic and commercial customers throughout the southwest. In addition to this, you will also be expected to assist with the installation and maintenance Solar PV Systems. The role will be 2 days a week office based doing work related paperwork and Surveys and 3 days a week on the tools.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Mainly installation and Commissioning of EV charge points
• Assisting with general maintenance, repairs and installations of Solar PV systems.
• Undertaking various other general electric works as required
• Running and installing cable containment such as PVC Trunking and Steel Tray
• Working with and terminating Twin & Earth cable
• Domestic single phase and Commercial Three phase initial verification, testing and inspection
• Routine servicing, fault finding, repairs and maintenance
• Completion & population of work-related paperwork and certificates in preparation for sign off by manager
• Surveying for and installing Domestic & Commercial earth rods
• Cable clipping and cleating
• Use of company app via a tablet or smart phone
• Other duties and responsibilities within the scope of this job description
• Previous experience working as an Electrician
• Previous experience installing link boxes (Henley blocks) to split single phase 100A mains supply
• Experience working on both commercial and domestic systems
• Excellent customer service skills with the ability to instruct and advise customers on product use.
• Comfortable working as an individual and as part of a team
• Good communication skills both written and verbal
Qualifications and Certification
• EAL VRQ Domestic Installer or City & Guilds Level 2 (or similar)
• 18th Edition Wiring Regulations qualifications
• JIB Gold Card
• Full clean UK driving license
• Inspection and Testing Qualification (2391 or 2394/2395) Desirable
Type of Employment: Permanent
Working Hours: 7am start, Full Time – Variable finish job dependant
Average of 45 hours a week with plenty of overtime available
Remuneration: £35000 – £42000 p/a
• 20 days paid annual leave
• Pension contributions
• Optional overtime (Saturdays)
• Company Van
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.