Field Service Engineer
Our client is a well known name in the Waste and Recycling sector covering all of the UK and Northen Ireland based within the thriving area of Wellington and is dedicated to fostering both personal and corporate growth.
They are looking for a Field Service Engineer to play a pivotal role in maintaining and supporting food waste recycling equipment, ensuring smooth operations and customer satisfaction. This position involves servicing, installation, maintenance and providing excellent customer service, alongside an array of other responsibilities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform servicing, refurbishment, and maintenance on a variety of recycling equipment, including Balers, Compactors, Screw Compactors, Screw Presses, Separators, Shredders, Conveyors, and Digestion Systems.
- Conduct electrical and mechanical fault-finding, with a focus on hydraulics, electrics, conveyors, motors, and gearboxes.
- Execute new installations and handle emergency callouts.
- Proactively manage on-site relationships ensuring a high level of professionalism.
- Respond positively to sudden changes in work schedules, including overnight stays.
- Represent the client’s service department to both new and existing customers.
- Uphold strict compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Maintain detailed records and documentation related to service, callouts, installations, and on-site visits.
- Previous experience within the Recycling industry is preferred, but specialised machine training is available for candidates without prior knowledge.
- Self-motivated individual willing to travel for equipment servicing, emergency callouts and installations.
- Excellent customer service and strong communication skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team.
- Happy with frequent travelling, overtime, and overnight stays as and when required.
- Be comfortable with lone working.
Qualifications & Certification:
- Mechanical or electrical qualifications, certification, or experience essential.
- Full UK driving licence.
Location: Wellington, Somerset
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Salary range: £33,000 – £35,000 per annum (dependent on experience) based on a 40-hour week plus any additional overtime paid extra at time and a half on weekdays and double time on Sundays.
- Company-provided van and tools
- Personal use of the van (with tax adjustments made through HMRC)
- Company credit card for fuel (with monthly submission of receipts)
- Mobile phone and iPad provided for work use.
- Death in service policy – 4x salary
- 22 days of annual leave (excluding Bank holidays), plus three additional days during the company’s Christmas and New Year closure – 33 Days annual leave in total
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.