Job and Person Specification
Job Title: Manufacturing Operative
Overall Job Purpose: Our client is looking for an experienced Manufacturing Operative to work at their Tiverton site. The successful applicant will be responsible for the setup, safe operation, and light maintenance of their machine during their shift; they will also be expected to monitor the quality of the product produced at their workstation.
Responsible to: Shift Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
• Setup, Operate and monitor production machinery.
• Unloading and loading of stock
• Ensure all preparations for product changeovers are made in good time to reduce delays.
• Follow the weekly Production Plan.
• Ensuring all Pallets, Plastics and Cardboard are stored and returned correctly.
• Warehouse duties i.e removing pallets from machinery and placing in the racking area in a safe and accurate manner.
• Previous experience working in a Manufacturing or Production role with knowledge of manufacturing practices.
• Ability to cope with physically demanding work as you will be working in wet, noisy, hot, and cold environments with many physical demands involving lifting, pulling and bending.
• SAP Knowledge
• Good level of communication skill both written and verbal.
• Health and Safety awareness
• Comfortable being on your feet all day.
• Literate and Numerate
Qualifications and Certification
• GCSE Grades in Maths and English 9 (or equivalent)
• In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant previous experience will be considered.
Type of Employment: Temporary to Permanent
Working Hours: Shift Patterns: 3 Days on – 2 Days off, 3 Nights on – 2 Days off 12-hour shifts
Remuneration: Starting at £28000
Training and Development: At managers discretion
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.