Our client is urgently seeking and experienced Manufacturing Operative to work at their Tiverton site. The successful applicant will be responsible for the setup, safe operation, and light maintenance of their machine during their shift; they will also be expected to monitor the quality of the product produced at their workstation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Setup, Operate and monitor production machinery.
- Unloading and loading of stock
- Ensure all preparations for product changeovers are made in good time to reduce delays.
- Follow the weekly Production Plan.
- Ensuring all Pallets, Plastics and Cardboard are stored and returned correctly.
- Warehouse duties i.e removing pallets from machinery and placing in the racking area in a safe and accurate manner.
- Previous experience working in a Manufacturing or Production role with knowledge of manufacturing practices.
- Ability to cope with physically demanding work as you will be working in wet, noisy, hot, and cold environments with many physical demands involving lifting, pulling and bending.
- SAP Knowledge
- Good level of communication skill both written and verbal.
- Health and Safety awareness
- Comfortable being on your feet all day.
- Literate and Numerate
Qualifications and Certification
- GCSE Grades in Maths and English 9 (or equivalent)
- In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant previous experience will be considered.
Type of Employment: Temporary to Permanent
Working Hours: Shift Patterns: 3 Days on – 2 Days off, 3 Nights on – 2 Days off 12-hour shifts
Training and Development: At managers discretion