We are looking for Chefs/ Experienced Cooks to cook and prepare fresh food for pupils within the secondary schools whilst running the kitchen to a high standard. You will be expected to work in schools all over Devon and Somerset as and when required. You must have a transferable DBS and own transport due to the nature of the role.
- Day to day preparation and cooking of food to agreed standards and procedures.
- Responsible for the delegation of duties to kitchen staff, being the initial point of contact for any concerns arising from kitchen staff.
- To work within the establishment’s budget for food, sundries, and labour
- To produce healthy, nutritionally balance and tasty meals.
- Always complete all kitchen documentation on daily, monthly, and annual basis as per procedures in the site operations manual.
- Temperature test of food and record results
- Ensure the kitchen is always a hygienic environment.
- Maintain good communications with school staff and pupils with day-to-day customer requests, queries and comments.
- Previous experience working as a Chef/ Experienced Cook in a pub, restaurant, canteen, or a similar environment producing up to 400 meals a day would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of Cooking/Catering techniques and practices
- Excellent time management and the ability to prioritise and organise your own workload.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to work on your own.
- Enthusiastic and willing to go the extra mile where required.
- Transferable DBS – essential
- Transport – essential
Qualifications and Certification:
- Diploma or NVQ in catering/cooking or equivalent culinary qualifications a distinct advantage
- In the absences of industry qualifications relevant experience will be considered