As a Planning Manager, your primary responsibility will be the planning and scheduling of materials essential for our sales orders. This role involves coordinating and expediting the material flow according to production schedules, collaborating with various departments to enhance planning processes, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborating with team members to achieve targets related to On-Time Delivery (OTD), New Product Introduction (NPI), and Inventory.
- Working with the team to enhance forecasting at the site.
- Developing capacity planning strategies to support materials availability and timely execution of the production schedule, including new product introductions.
- Meeting customer fulfilment targets and ensuring timely communication of promise dates for Sales Orders.
- Formulating material/product stocking policies to support sales growth while minimising slow-moving inventory.
- Collaborating on cycle counting and obsolescence targets by implementing continuous improvement initiatives in the supply chain.
- Providing weekly reports to the business on current product lead times and implementing initiatives to align lead times with market expectations.
- Comprehensive understanding of the supply chain, including production planning using MRP, raw materials, production, and logistics.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation, and communication skills, fostering strong relationships internally and externally.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant management experience, preferably in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Lean/JIT and/or Six-sigma, with proficiency in root cause problem-solving.
- Knowledge of forecasting, manufacturing planning, including capacity planning.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office/365 applications, particularly Excel.
- Access to an employee healthcare cash plan (WPA) with discounted membership for immediate family.
- 20 days of annual leave plus bank holidays.
- Access to discounted membership at selected health clubs/gymnasiums
- This is a full-time permanent position requiring 39 hours of work per week over 4.5 days.