To act as part of the Kerbside Refuse Team and to promote and maintain a high level of Health and Safety.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Drive up to LGV Category C and non – LGV vehicle when required.
- Check vehicle is roadworthy before going out on round
- Kerbside collection, going out with a crew on an assigned route to pick up recycling boxes and household waste.
- Adhering to health and safety at all times such as Manual Handling.
- Assisting fellow colleagues where required
- Working in a professional manner representing the local council at all times
Personal Qualities and Qualifications Personal Specifications:
- Experience in class 2 driving
- Have a keen interest and willingness to work
- Able to work on own initiative
- Adaptable and willing to support others working as a team or individually where required.
- Willing to be flexible with regards to working hours and days.
Working Hours: Monday to Friday 6am – 4pm
Location: Willand, Cullompton.
Remuneration: £12.42 per hour
Probation: No probation but before starting work all candidates much attend an induction and registration where they will need to provide proof of ID, NI and address.