Working as an individual to create technical drawings based on given structural drawings and calculations for the company’s fabrication department and site crew
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Predominantly using Tekla structural steel software to produce 2D/3D drawings
- Using AutoCAD and additional design software
- Producing Fabrication Drawing, Assemblies and GA’s
- Working from engineering drawings and using appropriate calculations to produce structures that satisfy the client specification, design requirements & BS EN 1090
- Create fabrication drawings including Weld symbols, Fold angles and Surface finish
- Producing and checking appropriate documentation such as Check Sheets, Estimates Parts Lists, Requisitions and Bill of Materials.
- Keeping records of Drawing issues and design alterations
- Liaising with clients via telephone or face to face consultations
- Producing documents to support tendering contracts
- Communicating with company departments such as Purchasing, Production and Accounts
Personal Qualities and Qualifications
- Experience and proficiency using Tekla Structural software
- Proven experience working in the Structural Steel Industry, specifically steel Buildings.
- Experience working as a Tekla Draughtsman.
- Working knowledge of basic engineering fabrication principles and processes
- Experience using 3D modelling software such as SolidWorks, AutoDesk Inventor or AutoCAD (advantageous)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organised
- Motivated and highly ambitious.
Qualifications and Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Design Engineering or relevant apprenticeship (Desired, BEng, MEng, BSC)
- In the absence of formal qualifications previous experience will be considered
- Additional Engineering certification (Advantageous)
- Certification in Tekla, Solidworks or AutoCAD (Advantageous)
Working Hours: Mon – Friday 8am to 4.30pm
Location: Torquay, Devon
Remuneration: £35,000 to £45,000 (DOE)
Probation: At manager discretion
Training and Development: Further development and training a distinct possibility.
The Company: Our client is a professional engineering firm that specialise in structural steel fabrication. Due to continued growth and demand the company is rapidly expanding and seeks experience engineers to join them at their new location. This is an excellent opportunity to join and every expanding company in a prosperous industry that offers jobs security and future development for the successful candidate.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £35,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Apply For This Job
When we find a candidate a job, we don't charge them a penny
The rate agreed with the employer is the rate you receive into your bank account - with no deductions!
See Our Full List of Jobs
See our latest full time, part time and temporary vacancies.
Candidates - How To Prepare
Tips on CV writing, interview preparation, documentation required to work in the UK and how to sign up with us.
Have a Query? Contact Us!
Learn about our bespoke service that sets us apart from other recruitment agencies.